Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr.



I've intended for a while to do more portraits in the style of this Gandhi piece. These are two sketches for a portrait of Martin Luther King, Jr. (Though I guess if you couldn't tell that, I haven't done a very good job.) They're very preliminary and both would need some serious improvement before I even think of color. Right now I like the style of the first and the pose of the second best, though the addition of hands would be a challenge for me, but who doesn't love a challenge? (True story: the only day of figure drawing I missed was the one day we covered hands and feet. Three days on the skeleton, a billion on gesture, ten plus of self portraits, I couldn't have missed one of those? Oy.)

I'd love to hear input on these. I'll also need help picking a color scheme and a quote-- anybody have a favorite MLKism? My first thought is "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," but there are so many gems....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails