Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Marriage of Art and Science

Two dear friends of mine are getting married in May. She's a painter and he's a chemist , so theirs will be a marriage of art and science--much like cooking or... I don't know, what else is a marriage of art and science? In any case, we're having a shower for them tomorrow and this is my gift. Congratulations, Mary and Brian!!

And since I don't think I'll make it back to the drawing board this week, I'm going to streeeeetch a bit and make this fit the Illustration Friday theme of "Save." How about... I'm saving money by making my own gift.... Yess.

13 comments:

  1. Can I say 'a good save' on this one. Just it does fit, a great illustration BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea! The art is the reactive for the chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a thoughtful gift ... your friends should really appreciate this. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog...love your work! Glad I stopped by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a very clever idea, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift! I love how happy they look. Best wishes to your friend. I am married to a scientist and we will be celebrating our 21st anniversary this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you use for this? It sort of looks like water color pencils, or maybe pastels? Very cool. I really like your color choices, especially in the handle of the brush. I would have made it brown, or black, yawn. Great illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really sweet. I am sure they will love it. It's very thoughtful and well executed.

    A+!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Great technique and characters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee heee, I think your stretch worked just fine. This is a beautiful piece. Your friends are really lucky to get it. It just may be their favorite gift of all. I'm betting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I love your color palette!
    Thanks for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely painting!! Wonderful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, i love this one! yay for mary and brian!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails