Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Friday, August 10, 2007

from the Mainstrasse Farmers' Market

What I bought at the World's Longest Yard Sale*:


The tomato became pizza, the zucchini became bread and a pizza topping, and the bottom chunk of the eggplant became pizza topping. I have a strong feeling that baba ghannoush may be in the remaining eggplant's future. Mmm... locally grown produce is wonderful. If you want to find Farmers' Markets in your area, visit Local Harvest. I also highly recommend the new book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (and family) for an engaging and challeging take on eating locally.


*okay, so I also bought a vegetable steamer (for 25 cents somewhere south of Covington) and the same book of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes that I grew up with (for $2 in Union, KY).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails