Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Illustration Friday: WEDDING (ish)

So right as I opened up this new post, the UPS man arrived at my door with an exciting package-- copies of the October issue of St. Anthony Messenger, containing my first professional illustration!! (Follow the link to my portfolio page to see the illustration.)

Anyway... Illustration Friday...

So I found myself very uninspired by this week's topic and almost didn't submit anything. But I'm running out of free time (I got a full-time job! Yay!) so I thought I'd do something while I still had the time. This is a stretch, but the book I'm proposing a new cover for ends with a wedding, so... yeah, it's still a stretch. I'll learn to live with it if you will. I hope to do this mock book cover in pastel at some point, but it's still in sketch form now, which means COMMENTS and CRITICISMS welcome-- there's still plenty of time to change!

Separately, I'd like a little feedback on the following: Banned Books Week is coming up, and I'd like to take this opportunity to read something from the frequently challenged list which I should have already read. The candidates are The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier, and The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I'd love to hear your thoughts on which one I should read next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails