Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Illustration Friday: WRINKLES




Drawing with ballpoint pen, because I really loathe the drawing pencils I have right now. Too soft or fat or something. I need some good old #2 pencils, methinks.

Of course, if I hadn't already done an A Wrinkle in Time illustration, that's where my mind would have immediately gone this week. I also drew some wrinkly folk
(like this one) back when I illustrated the characters from The Westing Game (here and here).

7 comments:

  1. Nice faces, and I love the ironing board. Don't you just love wrinkles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like you are doing animation style of figures - a construction approach of drawing figure. Cool. Very cool to show all the structure of the faces. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of a wrinkle in time, too, but then realised it had been too long since I'd read the book!

    I really like the sculptural/design feel to these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word sculptural occurred to me as well; I love the confident and energetic marks. The faces are simply appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Bic pen was one of my favorite drawing instruments - remember my Robert Frost?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i like these! thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are amazingly true to life. great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails