Thursday, December 4, 2008
Truthfully? I sketched this on the back of an envelope, and I think it's the first thing I've drawn in a month. Oh, except for that doodle face I drew in the middle of a meeting at work today because I just couldn't stand it anymore... and I think one of the guys I was meeting with caught me. Oops. But that's what happens when I have to work nearly every weekend and at least one evening a week over the past month, including tonight and this Saturday. However, this old post says it all, so I will not rant again.
Enough negativity! I was tagged by talented illustrator (and chef, it seems!) Kathleen Rietz to share 7 random things about myself. I promise no negativity forthwith.
1) I acted in The Wizard of Oz twice: as the Wicked Witch of the West in 7th grade and as a munchkin in 10th. The first time was more fun because, let's face it, nothing beats a dramatic death scene that includes a trap door and lots of applause.
2) I have never had my driver's license. I didn't get it taken away, I was just a very busy 16-year-old.
3) I would really like to find a copy of the first edition of The Ordinary Princess (by M.M. Kaye) because I LOVE the book but hate the cover of the new version. Yes, I often judge books by their covers. I know I shouldn't, but I like to think it's an illustrator's prerogative.
4) I've always said that my favorite movie is The Princess Bride. Lately I've been thinking I should re-evaluate, because it seems unlikely that nothing since childhood rates. Candidates for the title of "new favorite" would have to include Amelie, Empire Records, and Millions.
5) I believe the Cincinnati Reds will contend in 2009. Or 2010. Either way, we're coming, so watch out National League. Also, I once convinced my high school to close school for Opening Day.
6) When the weather's not too awful and the hour's not too late, I walk to and from my day job... uphill both ways. (And, okay, downhill both ways, too.)
7) I made my first mix CD my first summer home from college, when I wanted to bring music from my computer into the kitchen while I made a pile of salami roll-ups for some now-forgotten event. I named that "Salami Mix," so every mix since has gotten a food name: Guacamole, Snickerdoodle, Lemonade, Falafel, Parsley, and Zucchini.
So now you know me just a bit better. I hope to be back to drawing and posting art soon!
Oh, I forgot-- I'm supposed to tag more people to pass this thing-a-ma-jig forward. So you're up, Aimee, Lindsay, Beth, and Gina.