Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Remembering Romero

Tomorrow, March 24, 2010, marks the 30th anniversary of the assassination of Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero.  Archbishop Romero spoke out on behalf of the poor of El Salvador in the midst of military repression, overwhelming poverty and shocking economic disparity, ultimately paying for his courage with his life.  Apparently, this extraordinary man is not as well known as he should be, so I thought I'd do my small part to right that wrong.  If you'd like to know more about Romero, start with this recent tribute.

Presente, Oscar Romero!

3 comments:

  1. I like your bold style and your take on the theme. I'm going to check out the recent tribute to Romero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice portrait. I must admit, the name only sounds vaguely familiar ... going to go check it out now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails