Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Hall of Famer

It's been almost 5 years since I first posted a version of this sketch of Cincinnati Reds shortstop Barry Larkin, in response to an Illustration Friday prompt of "Captain."  Tomorrow, Larkin will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, and so it seemed fitting to repost.

He was probably the most important baseball player of my childhood and my early years of being a fan.  He started his major league career when I was a toddler and finished just after I finished college.  And he played his whole career in our mutual hometown, an unusual thing in his era.

I was hoping to be able to go to the induction ceremony in person and am a bit bummed that I can't (what's with being so inaccessible by transit, Cooperstown?) but I'll be smiling big while watching the ceremony on TV.  I'm glad Barry's getting the recognition he deserves!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you've kept up with IF! I need to get back on the wagon. Great drawing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails