Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Picture Book Idea Month


A year ago I debuted Every Reds Hall of Famer, a project to get myself into a regular drawing rhythm and to challenge myself to (a) practice my skills, and (b) finish something.  Well, I did!  And so onto the next challenge.  

My notebook is ready!
My personal challenge for this year is to work on building more narrative and storytelling into my illustrations.  More action than stagnation.  And so I'm participating in Picture Book Idea Month, a project hosted each year by Tara Lazar and undertaken by hundreds of over a thousand creative people across the world.  Every day in the month of November, we're to come up with one picture book idea, for a total of 30 at the end of the month.

If this leads to some writing, great! But at the very least I'm hoping for just enough story inspiration to build up that portfolio with storytelling images. Here we go, November / PiBoIdMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails