Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

SlydePress Redleg Annual 2014

It's been out for a few weeks now, but in case you missed it:  I was excited to once again create the cover art for this year's SlydePress Redleg Annual, an e-book with lots of different articles by lots of different terrific writers, previewing the upcoming 2014 season of my beloved Cincinnati Reds. (I did last year's cover, too.)

The theme this year was keeping the window of contention open.  As you can see...


This was the first illustration I did on pastel paper I made myself using watercolor paper painted over with Colourfix primer. You can see the plethora of textures (watercolor paper + brushstrokes + the tooth of the primer + pastel) at work here-- or at least I can!

And here's the illustration in context:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails