Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Works 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nina Walks in the Rain

The first of (hopefully) three follow-ups to this sketch from a few weeks ago did not have a happy beginning. You know how sometimes you think you've totally and completely ruined a drawing forever, that there's no chance it'll ever look decent, and you might as well start over? And then you let it sit on your art desk for a week or so, while you retreat to your corner and try not to look at it, until one day, you get the courage to re-sharpen those pastel pencils and have another go?

That's the story of "Nina Walks in the Rain." I'm so glad I didn't give up on her!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your work is wonderful! I love the colors and shapes and you have great control with the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't give up, too. Your style is so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice illustration style and color. Good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful style and vivid quality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome to see how far this illustration has come from the initial drawings. I find myself doing this as well...start a drawing and I dislike it, then I begin to add color and it comes to life. I refer to my work as "Charlie Brown Tree" illustrations when that happens.

    It's always nice to step back and say "I never thought it was such a bad little illustration..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! It is always really nice to be able to turn one of those frustrating sketches into something you're happy with.

    Of course I love the yellow umbrella. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails